Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Did I grow up according to plan?

Since childhood, I know we have to live up to my dad's expectation. He would motivate, encourage, assure that the spirit to be successful is always high. I have 5 siblings including myself. I'm the eldest with four younger sister.

My dad is a kampung boy who manage to make it to overseas doing electrical engineering masters and degree. Since he were small he played with mud and climb trees. A real kampung boy I must say. However, I'm not as genius as he wish. Haha.. When I secretly flipped his degree result, my eyes nearly fall off its socket because I hardly see any B's on the paper. He got 3.72 CGPA almost made it to the first class honour during the time. No wonder he can jump to any companies as he wish...

My second sister, I think the only one who inherit his genius trait. She nailed UPSR with 5As, PMR with 8As, made it to MRSM Jasin (previously in MRSM Transkrian) got 10A1 and then took International Baccalaureate in Kolej Mara Banting as preparation for her medical studies in Galway University, Ireland. I think she never sees any B's in her life ever. Now a doctor already..

So, two of us doing Accountancy (me and the fourth sister), the third doing architecture and the youngest still in Form 1 Sekolah Seri Puteri. 

Three of us made it to MRSM (including myself, haha)but I am just average laaa.. Not as outstanding as other students. I think I am the kind of person who is quite stubborn, I hate engineering, the more my dad ask me to do it, the more I'm rebelling not to. Actually I know that I am not up to the standards to do engineering, maybe. Ok lah at least my husband is an engineer. He can kawan with my dad. When they start conversation during meals or anytime when we dine outside, I would go like O.O 

Obviously because I am too stupid to handle hahaha.. No lah ok, I just go with my dreams actually. Doing accounts is not bad at least for me, because it is still a professional by profession. Afterall, I already been qualified as a Chartered Accountant, so it wasn't that bad right? Haha.. If my kids were to pursue accounting, I would straightly ask them to do ACCA instead of degree for it's known worldwide.

Where would I go after this? Do I live up to my dad's expectation? I think it is 50-50 la kot. :p

No comments:

Post a Comment